Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Home Again

So Jon ans I flew back into Burbank today from DFW. Our flight was only delayed oh.... and hour. But to hear thunder and see rain... it was so worth it. The Texas trip was wonderful but just too short. We got into town on Thursday around 4 and then my dad and I took Jon to his brother Nathans so they could start the bachelor party. I just went to the rents house and watched the tele all night. Then Friday Ma and i went shopping then met up with pops to go see IRON MAN. This film deserves the oscar for best movie to make me fall in love with Robert Downey jr since Chaplin. Or wait maybe since kiss kiss bang bang. Whatever I am always in love with him. Then I went out for drinks that night with my long lost girlie Danielle. Oh get this my home town is wet now. Rockwall was a dry county the entire time i lived in Texas. If i wanted to get a drink with friends it was either sit at a restaurant bar or go out of town. Well at least i have someplace to go when i am home from now on. While at the bar I ran into my childhood Buddie that i used to play GI JOE vs Barbie with. Barbie always won... she was taller and had larger pectoral muscles. So far this week i had not gotten much sleep and things didn't get better. I drove down to Corsicana Saturday at noon to go to my bro in laws wedding. It was awesome, especially when a 70 ft tree fell on a the we were at right before the bride walked down the aisle. Yeah, that happened. Drinking ensued party was fun blah blah then off to Austin the next morning. Had Lunch with my life partner Amanda and her Hubby Ben. MMMM TRUDY'S. And then the highlight of my trip. I met and held and squeezed the bestest baby i have ever met, my nephew, Kalen Johnston Farley. He is the love of my life right now. I miss my sister so much and i barely got to see her. She had to sleep pretty early on Sunday due to work on Monday so i went to grab a beer at dog and duck with jon, boyd and josh. Then she worked all day monday. I only got to see her for about 5 minutes before i had to drive back to Dallas. When Jon and I were driving away I literally started crying. I am not a crier really so this was odd for me. It just sucks that she is so far away. And that her beautiful baby boy will grow up so much in the months that will pass before i get to see him again. boooo. Other than that emotional realization and breakdown, the trip was great. Once again not really a vacation as much as a run around and try to fit in as much family and friend time as possible and not really sleep week, but it was well worth it. I am sleeping all day tomorrow.

No comments: